Pages

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

april's new dawn

You know you are getting old when you and your friend are talking about hot flashes, mood swings, depression and the differences between line and no line bifocals! With my 51st birthday fast approaching, the knowledge that I am living in the second half of my life has found me reassessing how I see my future. Yes, those on the other side of 50 have a future! While many have found their paths early in life, I did not. At 50 I still don't know what path to take or what direction to go. My love of art, paints and fabric are constantly pushing me to move forward. My fear of failure keeps my feet firmly planted. But that doesn't keep my mind from dreaming.

My hope in beginning this blog is to put movement to my dreams and get myself on the path to my future. I also hope to speak to others who live in a world like mine. Filled with a love of anything artistic being held back by fear. We must walk forward even if we change our direction along the way, we just need to move our feet. I hope you will help me when my feet fail to move and I hope to do the same for you.

Welcome to my new dawn.

No comments:

Post a Comment